Friday, September 23, 2011

Africa Powerpoint

My reactions to this slideshow is that Nick Brandt took AMAZING photos. My favorite photo is of the Zebras, it was my favorite because of the design of the Zebras and how the photo was only focused on the two of them and nothing else and the clouds looked very nice in the picture and how the sky was looking dark grey and light grey.


A. Nick Brandt used a Pentax 67II with only two fixed lenses for the photos he takes in Africa.

B. He started taking this photos after "Earth Song" was directed by Michael Jackson. The video had many animals in it, and he ended up falling in love with Animals after that video and the land of East Africa.

C.The hope of Nick taking this photo was just giving the animals equality to humans, and capturing the moments of their life's, and showing the beauty of the African Desert and the Beautiful Animals that live in there. 
              
D."As for Africa, I went there in 1995 to direct one of the videos they did for Michael Jackson. And I absolutely fell in love with the place.  It was completely magic to me. I had to go back on holiday and that’s when I started taking my Pentax with me. I just realized there is a way of expressing my feelings without the need of somebody else’s money.  Initially, it cost a lot.  I had to direct stupid car commercials to pay for these expensive trips. I could never have taken these photos the normal way, like most wildlife photographers."-Nick Brandt

No comments:

Post a Comment